20 tons 10 cwt
23' 3" (7.1m)
Matthew Murray was built in Leeds in 1903, a class L design by Manning Wardle, the same design as Sir Berkley. Mainly operating at the Kent Portland Cement Works, near Gravesend, the loco is now owned by the Middleton Railway Trust.
It was purchased from the Peak Railway Society in 1989, and is a regular on the services at Middleton Railway, the loco is currently in a fetching green livery, after being repainted for a past event.