1950, Baguley Cars division, Burton-on-Trent
16 tons 10 cwt
29' 5" (approx 9.0 m)
Drewry Railcar DB998901 Olive – Originally ordered by the London & North Eastern Railway in 1947 for use on the Woodhead route. The nationalisation of the railways just a month later saw the order put on hold and it wasn’t delivered until 1950, It was purchased by the EM2 Locomotive Society and transferred to Middleton Railway in November 1997 where it was converted to passenger use. Sadly it was heavily damaged in an arson attack in 2016 and restoration is proceeding.