1955, Hudswell Clarke Foundry, Leeds
20 tons 6 cwt
21' 2" (approx 6.5 m)
On display, not operational
In 1955 The Mirvale Chemical Company ordered this small locomotive from Husdwell Clarke in Leeds for thier works in Mirfield, where it was based.
This loco has the honour of being the first locomotive to run in the newly formed North Yorkshire Moors Railway in 1968 and helped start the fledging railway. Being to small for the NYMR as it grew, it came to Middleton in 1986.